Library Digital Division
The Library Digital Division provides an alternative to the traditional services by focusing on virtual services.
The objectives of the Digital Library are:
- Collect, manage and maintain documents issued by UMP in various forms and electronic format
- Develop latest collection that would meet the information needs of library users
- Planning digital repository needs of the UMP
- Improving the accessibility of the latest source of information to meet the needs of library users
- Provides content of the information literacy program or hands on training to promote library materials digitally
The division leads by a Deputy Chief Librarian and comprises of 2 units that are Knowledge Management Unit and Digital Unit. The units datails as follow;
A) Knowledge Management Unit
Knowledge Management is a process of capturing, developing, sharing and effectively using organizational knowledge. Knowledge Management Units practice it by making the best use of knowledge. Knowledge management programs can yield impressive benefits to individuals and organisations if it is done purposeful, concrete, and action-oriented.
- Ensure the information skill and the application of knowledge management is practice among the UMP community
- Creating knowledge sharing culture in achieving K-Organization.
- Managing the Knowledge Management development program for the support of learning , teaching , research and consultancy in library services.
- Managing the development of research data in the UMP - IR and all related activities and ensuring records can be utilized by the user.
B) Digital Unit
Digital Unit is a unit that performs the digitization process for the development of the online digital collection.
To develop and digitized selected library’s collections in accordance with the standards specified in the library’s repository for the university community with the latest information technology.