Resource Development Division
The Planning & Development Division is mainly focusing on library Planning & Development Division such as books, magazines, digital collection etc. It is also responsible for collection process such as purchasing, classification, digitization etc. The division leads by a Deputy Chief Librarian and comprises of 4 units that are Acquisition Unit, Cataloging Unit and Serial Unit.
The units are as follow;
A. Acquisition Unit
The Acquisitions Unit, a part of the Planning & Development Department is responsible to coordinates and facilitates the selection process, purchase and receiving gift materials for the Library's collections.
To develop the library’s collection to support the reference needs for teaching and learning of the University.
- Ordering, claiming, receiving, and payment of all library materials
- Monitoring, coordinating, implementing and evaluating all collection-related activities
- Organizing gift and exchange activities
- Providing financial reports and statistics
B. Cataloging Unit
Cataloging Unit headed by two librarians (S41) and three Assistant Librarian (S17). UMP library using LCSH and LCCs as a standard cataloging and classification. In addition, the division is also responsible for producing barcodes, spine labels and RFID tags.
To make sure all bibliographic records for every monograph and accompanying materials are complete accordance with the standards specified in the database library
- Catalog and classify monographs and accompanying materials in original, catalog copy, and CIP
- Maintenance and monitoring of bibliographic records in a database management system libraries (VIRTUA)
- Maintenance and monitoring authority records in the database management system libraries (VIRTUA)
- Maintain the accompanying materials such as plans, maps, technical drawings and others
- Maintain and monitor matters relating to policy and policy
- Accepting and acknowledging receipt of materials from the Acquisition Unit
- Print book call number and barcode. Maintain any problem on call number and barcode sticker
- Download bibliographic records into the RFID tag
- Maintain any RFID tag problem
C. Unit Serial & Documentation
Serial unit is a unit that provides the source of periodic publications in printed and online formats. The types of periodicals in printed format such as magazines, journals, annual reports and newsletters. The On-line publication refers to the subscription in term of databases, electronic journals, electronic books and electronic newspapers. Resources supervised by this unit are obtained through subscriptions and gifts. It is hoped that the provided resources are in line with the needs and requirements of the university to nurture learning, teaching and research activity.
To develop serials collection resources in printed and on-line format to facilitate teaching, learning and research activity.
- To ensure serials subscriptions collection in printed and online format can fulfill the needs of our users .
- To ensure users can access the subscription materials in printed format within 3 working days upon receivable and on-line format within 1 working day upon receiving notification.