User Education Programme – UMP Science Direct and Scopus Training (29th December 2020)
UMP Library and Elsevier have collaborated to hold an online training session through Zoom online webinar. The training was held on 29th December 2020 and attended by 25 participants consisting of Pre-Graduate, Postgraduate students and also academicians.
Participants were briefed by Miss Yu Lang (Elsevier representative) on effective journal title and article search tips to help them get relevant results related to their field of research. Guidance on finding a suitable journal to publish their research articles was shared by Miss Yu with the participants.
• Literature search tips and skills
• Using personalized features to stay up to date on the interested area and viewing history
• Browse journals and eBooks content on ScienceDirect
• Read and understand research metrics
• Identifying source titles indexed in Scopus
• Journal and article level metrics
• Author profile search and metrics
Pn. Affida Abu Bakar, Senior Librarian
Education & Research Section