- February 2002: Knowledge Management Centre (KMC) was established in accordance with the establishment of Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan & Teknologi Malaysia (KUKTEM)
- 1 February 2007: KUKTEM was rebranded as Universiti Malaysia Pahang, KMC has also been given a new lease with the name of Perpustakaan Universiti Malaysia Pahang @ UMP Library
- 2009: the library was moved to the new building an area of 6,000 square meters and is able to provide comfort to the 1,200 users at any one time.
- 2018: Permanent building in Pekan Campus with an area of 16,000 square meters. The new building is able to accommodate of 3,000 users at one time
- 2023: His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Al-Musta'in Billah, Tuanku Chancellor of Universiti Malaysia Pahang has approved the branding of the Universiti Malaysia Pahang to Universiti Malaysia Pahang Al-Sultan Abdullah with effect from 14 April 2023.
On 30 July 2023, the new name Universiti Malaysia Pahang Al-Sultan Abdullah (UMPSA) came into use and the UMP Library is now known as Universiti Malaysia Pahang Al-Sultan Abdullah Library (UMPSA).