This tool can help user in terms of:
1. Preventing plagiarism in writing
2. Assist to improve writing techniques
3. Assist to promote critical thinking
4. Assist to facilitate the provision grade writing
This tool can be accessed online through https://www.turnitin.com/.
Guideline for Using TURNITIN Click here
Frequently Ask Questions for Instructor (Lecturer / Staff)
- How to create account?
- How about created class and paper submission?
- How to delete previous submissions / remove a paper from Turnitin database?
- New Instructor must request an account from the Turnitin administrator via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by providing full name and official email.
- The Instructor will then be registered using UMP official email only. Example: ...... @ ump.edu.my.
- Instructors who have registered but forgot their password only needs to reset the password.
- The created Class ID with student enrollment is only allowed maximum for 2 weeks. If the submission process is finished earlier, Instructors need to expire the class by edit at class end date.
- Instructors must provide Class ID and Class enrollment passwords to their students.
- User is advised to save the document receipt that contains the submission id submitted in this system.
- Submission ID/ paper ID is required for the deleting process in the Turnitin system.
- Please contact Turnitin administrator via email (email@example.com)
- Provide or attach the Digital Receipt / Submission ID / Class ID / Paper ID of the paper.
- Turnitin administrator will submit your request to the Turnitin Support Team to request the paper's removal
Frequently Ask Questions for Student
- Students are allowed to register using 1 commercial email once. Students may reset the password if they have forgotten it.
- Each student must get a Class ID and Class enrollment password from the Instructor/Lecturer